VSP Optics Group unveils otto (one touch to optical); Innovative app serves as a practice’s virtual optical assistant
App simplifies digital lens measuring and dispensing process and transforms the patient experience
Rancho Cordova, CA, September 6, 2012 – Today at International Vision Expo West, VSP Optics Group introduced ottoTM (one touch to optical), a revolutionary new app that serves as an eyecare practice’s virtual optical assistant. Available for the second and third-generation Apple iPad, otto is an easy to use app that helps eyecare professionals (ECPs) simplify measuring and dispensing advanced digital lenses, and brings eyewear consulting, electronic claim filing, and more to the point-of-care.
“otto is a game changer for independent ECPs who are looking to take their practice to the next level,” said Don Oakley, President of VSP Optics Group. “In otto, we have developed a fun, empowering and intuitive mobile app that streamlines and automates key processes from the time the patient enters the practice to the time they leave. At its core, otto helps the independent eyecare practice deliver more personalized eyecare and eyewear to patients."
At the swipe of a finger, ECPs can benefit by employing otto’s robust modules, which include:
- Patient Check-in and Care: When a patient arrives to their appointment, they can use otto to fill out new patient forms, securely answer questionnaires, authorize privacy policies and provide insurance information. otto also allows ECPs to check eligibility and obtain VSP patient authorization and explanation of benefits, and when orders are placed, it even estimates patient out-of-pocket costs for select plans. ECPs can also check the status of lab orders and notify patients via text or e-mail when their eyewear is complete and ready for pick-up.
- ‘otto-mated’ Measurements: Take photos of your patients with the iPad and otto calculates measurements like pupil distance and segment height. With the ottoboxTM plug-in attached to the iPad, ECPs can take photos of the patient wearing their selected frame, and with the swipe of a finger, otto automatically calculates measurements like pantoscopic tilt and back vertex distance to simplify dispensing today's most advanced digital lenses.
- Vision Screening: Prior to the eye exam, patients can use otto to complete a variety of tests in order to detect changes in their vision.
- Frame Styling: Use otto to access Marchon® and Altair® frame catalogs or the Frames Data® database to offer more frame choices to patients. ECPs can even save favorite frame choices to the patient's file. Patients can also transmit photos of themselves wearing different frames to friends or family in order to get opinions on their choices using Facebook, Twitter or email.
- Patient Consultation: Demonstrate the benefits of lens options like anti-reflective and scratch coatings, photochromic and tinted lenses, polarized sunwear and more.
- Product Selection: Create new orders for ophthalmic eyewear, sunwear, and contact lens orders. Use otto to educate patients on the advantages of multiple pairs of eyewear and premium choices with pre-selected packages or custom lens packages tailored by the practice. Orders are easily confirmed and can be sent to the lab for processing.
Earlier this year, VSP Optics Group announced it had co-developed otto’s digital lens fitting and dispensing technology with PFO Global. The two organizations have been in technical collaboration for the past year. VSP Optics Group has applied for patents on the technology and has exclusive distribution rights of the technology.
Available nationally in the fourth quarter of 2012, ECPs can demo otto at the VSP Global booth (#22087) at Vision Expo West. Visit seeotto.com
to learn more about expanded functionality, pricing, hardware requirements and more.
In addition, VSP providers can enter to win a complete otto package, including a tablet computer and a one-year otto subscription by entering a drawing on the VSP Optics Group Facebook
About VSP Optics Group
As part of VSP GlobalSM, VSP Optics Group provides a broad range of ophthalmic products and services to VSP’s network of 28,000 private practice doctors. VSP Optics Group includes VSPOne™ Optical Technology Centers, a unified network of laboratories which provides independent eyecare professionals with innovative technologies, outstanding customer service and an extensive selection of quality products. VSP Optics Group also develops and markets privately branded, high-quality ophthalmic products, such as premium, digital progressive lenses and coatings to support and meet the needs of independent eyecare professionals and their patients.