VSP Offers Help to Sandy Victims
One of the most important human emotions is hope. When disasters like Sandy strike, it is important that we all come together for hope to be restored. People need hope, and it takes purposeful action to make a difference.
VSP Global is committed to offering tangible assistance to VSP Network practices and patients.
- If your office has been damaged by the storm (or if you know of a VSP Network practice that has been affected), please contact VSP Vision Care at VSPOutreach@vsp.com. VSP is calling more than 4,000 practices in the most-affected states, and they’re working with local doctors and state optometric associations to determine how the mobile clinics and portable lanes of equipment can be most effective.
- Marchon Eyewear has committed to work with accounts to help subsidize the cost of replacement product.
- Eye Designs urges accounts to contact them for assistance in recovering records for insurance purposes. Further, offices which require repairs and rebuilding will be able to utilize loaner displays.
- VSP Optics Group will work with impacted customers offering support and substantial discounts on lab services. Please contact your local VSPOne account executive if you need more information.
- Your office can have benefits reinstated for any VSP patient who has lost or broken their glasses during the disaster. Please call 800.615.1883 to reinstate and issue the authorization.
- You can also refer non-VSP patients to the local American Red Cross to request a VSP gift certificate redeemable for free eye care services.
As I see it, VSP Global is poised to help Sandy disaster victims. We believe it is our responsibility to help in tangible ways to help restore hope, and we are happy to be of service.
Connect with VSP on Facebook and Twitter for updates on the response.
(Note: This post was updated on November 9, 2012, to add information about the support available from VSP Optics Group.)