3 Tips for Using Your VSP Practice Report
Well, it’s that time of year again. Spring has sprung! Here in Oregon, that means rain—but just think of all the green that follows. My feet are a little muddy, but summer is straight ahead. There is no question about it, time for optimism!
What about your practice? Have you done any spring cleaning? Have you made changes to improve practice performance? Are you being guided by statistics or by intuition alone?
I have great news: The VSP Practice Report is now available. It is chock-full of important information about your practice…comparative data, three-year trends, and revenue opportunities. It truly is an excellent resource and provides a basis for identifying areas of opportunity in our practices.
Here are three tips for using the VSP Practice Report:
- Take a look at your patient demographics. More kids? More women? Age breakdown? Is your patient mix changing? This is very helpful information in frame board management and in assessing the look and feel of our offices.
- How about your practice’s prescribing rates? More digital progressives? More AR coating? How do your prescribing rates compare to others in your state? Is there an opportunity to benefit both our patients and our practices by recommending new technology?
- How about your frame capture rate? How is it trending? This will certainly give you tangible information about your success in keeping prescriptions in house.
As I See It, spring is here. It is a time for optimism. Practice optimism improves when armed with meaningful data and a game plan. Download your VSP Practice Report at vsppracticereport.com. It will serve as an excellent resource to keep us focused on practice enhancement and a bright future. And like my mama always told me: “Soap is an excellent invention, even better if I use it regularly.”
Please read my previous posts for more tips to use the VSP Practice Report effectively in your practice:
- Improve Your Capture Rate with the 2013 VSP Practice Report – July 2013
- VSP Annual Practice Report – April 2013
- Optimism: The Result of a Great Game Plan – March 2013
- Using the VSP Practice Report to Increase Your Capture Rate – October 2012
- 2011 VSP Practice Report – May 2012
- Reasons to Review Your Practice Report – June 2011