2011: A Year in Review and a Look to the Future
Well, here we are on the dawn of a new year…but before we march into 2012, let’s glance back at 2011.
2011 Top Ten
- VSP mission unchanged. Continued commitment to provide access and deliver patients to private practice.
- Access means opportunity—56 million patients and counting.
- The marketplace is changing.
- Change requires strategic adjustment and innovation for success in delivering on the mission.
- VSP can only win on behalf of doctors when it meets the needs of client. A win for VSP is a win for private practice.
- Improved communication: yeoman effort in 2011 to share strategy and commitment with doctors. “The Proof Is In The Patients.”
- Successful affiliate strategy: creating a program with Costco and Eye Care Centers of America meets the needs of the client while continuing to direct the majority of patients to private practice.
- EyeconicTM launch: helping doctors maintain connection with patients who have chosen to shop online.
- Development of new contact lens benefit that will provide better clarity for doctors and higher value for patients.
- Another successful year of promoting private practice and telling optometry’s story of quality and cost-effective care.
Looking Forward to 2012: My Wish List
- Better cooperation within the profession as we continue to pursue medical integration while maintaining current access.
- Increased participation in VSP Eye Health Management®: demonstrates cost effectiveness for clients as data is shared with disease managers for the benefit of our patients.
- Greater recognition of the vital role which optometry plays in healthcare. Excellent outcomes and cost-effective care.
- Let's be a little more thankful, a little more charitable, and a little more hopeful.
Remember: nothing is harder to predict than the future. God bless you in the new year!